Public comments are solicited on proposed new standards and proposals to revise, reaffirm or withdraw approval of existing standards simultaneously with the NCPDP ballot period. Non-NCPDP members choosing to submit comments will be charged $200.00 per ballot period. This fee allows the non-member the ability to obtain copies of the NCPDP produced documents for that ballot period. The ballot period includes the new ballots and any recirculation ballots that may take place. If you are not an NCPDP member but wish to supply comments to any or all of these ballots, please complete the registration form here.
The NCPDP Ballot period opens on Thursday, March 21, 2013 and closes Monday, April 22, 2013. Should you wish to submit an Official Public Comment, the Council must receive your Official Public Comment no later than 5:00 p.m. PDT/ 6:00 p.m. MDT/ 7:00 p.m. CDT/ 8:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, April 22, 2013. All explanatory comments submitted on "Object with Reason" and "Accept with Comments" will be reviewed at the next scheduled Joint Technical Work Group meeting, which will be held May 5-6, 2013 in Phoenix, AZ..
New Ballot WG010058
WG01 Telecommunication - Data Maintenance Packet, Ballot WG010058, for enhancements to the Telecommunication Standard Implementation Guide.
Approval of Ballot WG010058 would result in a new release of the Telecommunication Standard Implementation Guide to be Version E Release 3.
- Adds entities, data elements and processes to allow the communication flows and capturing of information necessary to support REMS (Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Strategies) operations and PDMP (Prescription Drug Monitoring Program) reporting.
New Ballot WG110053
WG11 ePrescribing & Related Transactions - Data Maintenance Packet, Ballot WG110053, for enhancements to SCRIPT Standard Implementation Guide, Specialized Implementation Guide and XML Standard.
Approval of Ballot WG110053 would result in new releases of SCRIPT Standard Implementation Guide, Specialized Implementation Guide and XML Standard -- all to be identified as Version 2Ø13xx# (to be assigned when ballot is approved).
- Provides the ability for electronic prior authorization functions between a prescriber and a payer/health plan/representative for pharmacy benefit prior authorizations.
- Allows the PBMMemberID to be sent in NewRx transaction.
- Provides the ability for pharmacies and Central Fill Facilities to exchange data.
Re-circulation Ballot WG070009R
WG07 Manufacturer and Associated Trading Partner Transactions Standards - Data Maintenance Packet, Ballot WG070009R, for enhancements to the Manufacturer Rebate Utilization, Plan, Formulary, Market Basket, and Reconciliation Flat File Standard Implementation Guide.
Approval of Ballot WG070009R would result in a new release of the Manufacturer Rebate Utilization, Plan, Formulary, Market Basket, and Reconciliation Flat File Standard Implementation Guide to be identified as Version Ø6 Release Ø1.
- Provides the prescription’s method of receipt.