By 2020, a projected 9 out of 10 top-selling drugs by revenue will be Specialty.
NCPDP/HIMSS Town Hall Part 3: Specialty Medication Workflow – How Standards are Improving the Prescriber and Patient Experience
Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:00-1:00 ET
Sponsored by Surescripts
By 2020, a projected 9 out of 10 top-selling drugs by revenue will be Specialty. The current process for exchanging data, including prescription data, regarding specialty medications is complex and manual, taking days to weeks to begin a patient on therapy. This webinar will provide insight on the patient experience and guidance on how to become involved in creating solutions to improve care for Specialty patients. The webinar will include an overview of the current Specialty pharmacy process; highlight electronic transactions available to improve patient care; and provide guidance on how to become involved in future enhancements.
Continuing Education Credits for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be available for this webinar.
- Describe two ways that the lack of standardization impacts specialty pharmacy patients.
- Outline the current Specialty process flows.
- Describe the current specialty process burdens on stakeholders.
- Review the current electronic transactions available impacting Specialty to improve patient care.
- Identify two ways healthcare stakeholders can participate in NCPDP’s development of standardized transactions for specialty pharmacy.
for Part 3 of the complimentary NCPDP/HIMSS Town Hall Series, sponsored by Surescripts