What is XML and How is it Used in ePrescribing?
Paul Wilson, NCPDP Technical Analyst, Standards Development
Teresa Strickland, NCPDP Technical Advisor, Model Facilitator, Standards Development
Learn more about how NCPDP’s SCRIPT Standard is developed and how Extensible Markup Language, or XML, is used in ePrescribing standards. Join NCPDP Technical Analysts, Teresa Strickland and Paul Wilson, to learn how to view, read, and interpret XML in ePrescribing standards.
Attendees will learn:
- what XML is, and how and why it is used for SCRIPT standards;
- key terminology associated with the XML language;
- how to view an XML schema;
- how to identify the components and building blocks of an XML schema in order to read it; and
- where to find additional resources for offline XML research and for SCRIPT version 2017071.