Get an update on how NCPDP and others in the industry are prioritizing and innovating to support the expanding role of pharmacists in patient care. These efforts will enable pharmacists to operate at the top of their licensure, collaborating with other healthcare providers, to close gaps in care, improve care coordination, increase health equity, and improve health outcomes.
Here's Some of What You Will Learn:
- How industry Pharmacy Associations are prioritizing and advocating for Pharmacists as Providers. (Panel discussion with Association Executives)
- High points of the discussion and recommendations of ONC’s HITAC Pharmacy Interoperability and Emerging Therapeutics Task Force as they relate to NCPDP’s strategic priorities. (Panel discussion with NCPDP participants in the Task Force)
- How NCPDP is leveraging pharmacy and standards to improve the public health infrastructure.
- Patient care services are uniquely positioned for pharmacy and the pharmacy team’s prominent role in improving health equity.
- Digital therapeutics (DTx) on the market, how pharmacists can support patients using these novel therapies to improve outcomes, and NCPDP’s priority initiative on DTx. (Panel discussion with DTx companies)
- How pharmacy credentialing aligns with the evolving roles of pharmacists.
- Updates that are needed to standards, including the Pharmacist eCare Plan, and a roadmap to the ideal state of pharmacist involvement in value-based care.
- Recommendations and insights for pharmacists in NCPDP’s SDoH white paper.
- Responsible integration of pharmacogenomics (PGx) and how NCPDP can support standardization of PGx to drive success.
Who Should Attend:
Everyone invested in the future of pharmacy! Including pharmacists…pharmacy technicians…pharmacy associations…health plans…community healthcare workers…health IT professionals… consultants… product managers… EHR, pharmacy and other system vendors… and more!
Don’t Miss the Many Impactful Sessions & Conversations at NCPDP’s 2023 Educational Summit:
- Perspectives on Advancing Pharmacy Practice, B. Douglas Hoey, R.Ph., MBA., Chief Executive Officer, National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA); Michael D. Hogue, Pharm.D., FAPhA, FNAP, FFIP, Chief Executive Officer, the American Pharmacists Association (APhA); and Kasey K. Thompson, Pharm.D., M.S., MBA, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), and Stephen C. Mullenix, R.Ph., Senior Vice President, Public Policy & Industry Relations, NCPDP.
- Beyond the Script: The Growing Role of the Pharmacy Team, Jason Ausili, Pharm.D., Head of Pharmacy Transformation, EnlivenHealth; Jake Galdo, R.Ph., Pharm.D., MBA, BCPS, BCGP, Chief Executive Officer, Seguridad, Inc.
- Social Determinants of Health in the Pharmacy: Recommendations & Insights, Katie Russell, MPH, Manager, Standards Development, CoverMyMeds.
- Value Based Arrangements: Where We Are & Where We Want to Go in the Pharmacy Community, Katie Russell, MPH, Manager, Standards Development, CoverMyMeds.
- Pharmacy Performance Measures and Their Applicability to Value-Based Arrangements, Razanne Oueini, Pharm.D., MSc, Senior Manager, Performance Measurement, Pharmacy Quality Alliance.
- A Conversation with HITAC Pharmacy Interoperability Task Force Participants on Upcoming Recommendations, Impact & Implications, Christian Tadrus R.Ph. Pharm.D. FASCP, NSC, Independent Pharmacist; Pooja Babbrah, MBA, PBM Practice Lead, Point-of-Care Partners; and Scott M. Robertson, R.Ph., Pharm.D., Principal Consultant, Bear Health Tech Consulting.
- Leveraging Pharmacy and Standards to Improve Public Health Infrastructure, J.W. Hill, MBAHCM, CNED, Chief Operating Officer, NCPDP.
- Evolving Pharmacy Practice: Rethinking Pharmacist Credentialing, Kim Boyd, President, Principal Consultant, Boyd Consulting Group, LLC; and Kristol Chism, R.Ph., Director, Industry Relations, Network Solution, Optum Insight.
- Unlocking the Potential: The Vital Role of Education in Pharmacogenomics, Kelee Petzelt, M.A., Consultant, Point-of-Care Partners (POCP); and Kristol Chism, R.Ph., Director, Industry Relations, Network Solution, Optum Insight.
- The Path Forward for Digital Therapeutics: Crushing Barriers to Adoption of New Clinical Therapies, Liesl Oldstone, Ph.D., Vice President Health Economics & Market Access, AppliedVR; Angela Willis, SVP, Market Access, Beter Therapeutics; Eran Bashan, Co-Founder, CEO and Chairman, Hygieia, Inc.; and Richard Sage, Executive Vice President, Innovation & Standards Development, NCPDP.
Preview the full agenda for more session information. Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians can earn up to 5 continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit hours from the ACPE. View the 2023 Educational Summit CPE details.
Easy to attend. No travel involved.
$475 for all – NCPDP members and non-members
See what is being accomplished to support NCPDP's strategic goals and strategic direction for pharmacy and national healthcare priorities.